There are two treatments for hair regrowth: PRP and hair transplant. Both of these treatments are effective at different stages of hair loss and cannot be used for every hair problem. The difference between the two should be understood in detail to fully understand how to manage hair loss and how to ensure hair growth.
Many people confuse that PRP treatment and hair transplant can be used by anyone regardless of the hair problem that they are suffering from. However, that is simply not the case. The two hair restoration treatments are separate and should be treated as such. People have different hair loss problems. While the problems for some people include gradual loss of hair, others start developing bald patches in certain areas of their scalp. The methods used to solve the problems posed by each are different. Understanding the procedure of PRP and hair transplant is going to help you fully know what you need at which stage of hair loss.
How PRP And Hair Transplant Are Similar
● Both the hair transplant and PRP have a recovery period that is short. Although you do need to take care for a few days following the treatments, you don’t need to take a lot of time off from work.
● PRP and hair transplant method will take over a few months to show visible results. You might experience hair loss after you get the treatments but that is normal. The hair growth will eventually begin.
● You cannot start with normal activities right away when you get either the hair transplant procedure is done or the PRP. The reason is the increase in blood flow and blood pressure.
● The treatments may need more than one session to be completed. The number of sessions will depend on the individual case.
How PRP And Hair Transplants Differ
● PRP is used for treating hair loss and hair thinning. If you have started to experience thinning of hair where you see your hair all over the place, then PRP is going to be recommended. However, hair transplant is recommended usually when you are having bald patches due to hair loss caused by genetics or other reasons.
● The hair regrowth by hair transplant might take longer than the PRP procedure. The reason is that with a hair transplant, the hair follicles from another area are placed in other regions. They take time to grow. With PRP, the hair root is the target and so it helps strengthen the hair that is already there. This can take lesser time to show results.
● The procedures for both of them are different. PRP uses the technique of drawing blood from you which is then injected in your scalp for hair growth and hair strengthening. The procedure of hair transplant uses FUE or FUT transplantation methods to take hair from the donor area and place the follicles in the bald areas on your scalp.
● The time it takes for the procedure to complete differs. Each session of PRP treatment can take one to two hours to complete. While for hair transplant, it can take several hours depending on the size of the balding area. Hair transplant is more time consuming compared to PRP and can take a long time to complete.
Kaya’s PRP And Hair Transplant Procedures
Sometimes the hair transplant and PRP treatment can be combined together. When new hair is being transplanted, the PRP might help for the hair to grow faster and thicker than usual. However, this is not always possible and only after thorough examination from a surgeon, you can find out if that is possible. Kaya Clinic provides you with both the PRP treatment and the hair transplantation treatment.
Want detailed information about both the PRP and hair transplant procedures? You can visit Kaya and get all your questions answered by experts. You can easily find out about Kaya hair transplant cost, the expectations from each procedure, and how Kaya approaches hair loss. This will enable you to make a decision to tackle hair loss the right way. Kaya can help you get back your hair and ensure that the hair that grows will be stronger from the beginning.