Protecting your skin against the harmful rays of the sun is important, even during the cold weather of the winter season. Using the proper sunscreen, moisturizers, and other means to shield your skin from the sun is essential for all skin types; but is extremely important for sensitive skin.
The cool weather might fool you into thinking that the sun is not as harsh as during the summer. However, the UV rays and other harmful rays in sunshine are still as potent during winters as during the summer. So, you need to take care to protect yourself from the sun rays, especially if you have sensitive skin. You have a lot of options to safeguard yourself from the sun’s harmful rays. So, be prepared while you go outside in winters.
The Winter season and The Sun’s Heat
In India, it is usually the norm to seek the shade and avoid direct exposure to sunlight during most of the year. So, the winter season is a pleasant break; you can actually enjoy the sun’s mild heat. Going for hikes, taking walks in the daytime -- all become pleasant activities. However, while doing all these, keep in mind that sunshine still exposes you to UV rays.
Protect Yourself with Clothing
● While going out, wear snug clothes that cover your body. On warmer days, you can even try loose-fitting clothes. As far as possible, cover your whole body and do not expose your skin directly to the sun
● While clothes shield the rest of your body against the sun, your face and neck and even your hands are exposed directly to the sun and pollution. In winters, you might be tempted to stay out in the warm sunshine for long. In this case, take care to use scarves and shawls to shield your neck and face from the sun
● Wear wide-brimmed hats while going out. These hats keep your face and neck in the shade and thus provide a barrier against direct sunlight
● People who have sensitive skin should take special care to keep themselves covered from head to foot. Their skin reacts quickly to harsh rays and can sunburn easily
● Wear sunglasses to shield your eyes against UV rays
Using Skin Care Products
In addition to keeping yourself covered while going out in the sun, you should also invest in some good sunscreens and body lotions to keep your skin moisturized and shield it from the heat and UV rays.
● Choose a good moisturizer that suits your skin type. Use it regularly to stay hydrated
● Even in this cool weather, you need to use sunscreens to stay safe
● For normal or dry skin, choose a creamy face wash and a cream-based sunscreen. For oily skin, you need to choose a water-based sunscreen that is light and spreads thinly over your skin. Combination skins may require the use of two moisturizers or sunscreens. For the oily T-zone, use a water-based sunscreen. For the rest of the face, use a creamy sunguard
● If you have sensitive skin, avoid moisturizers and sunscreens with a lot of chemicals. Choose products that are specifically designed for your skin type. Avoid perfumed creams and lotions
Use body lotions with a good SPF. Apply it on all exposed skin before going out. Choose a Kaya Body Lotion. Kaya White Protect Body Lotion reviews on various websites and blogs provide positive feedback
Kaya White Protect Body Lotion is a multipurpose lotion. It contains niacinamide, a form of vitamin B3. It reduces pigmentation and lightens and evens skin tone. It hydrates the skin and prevents it from becoming dry. It provides SPF 30 sun protection against both UVA and UVB rays. The alcohol content in this lotion is beneficial and acts as an emollient. It is a lightweight lotion that is quickly absorbed into the skin. It is mild and soothing and thus good for all skin types.
Post a Comment