That’s right. Look down at your feet. How are they doing? Do they hurt from standing or walking too much? Well, that can be fixed with a little rest. But what about those cracks and calluses? That didn’t happen overnight. Your feet need regular care and protection. Read on to find out how you can protect your skin and your feet, in particular, this winter.
Your feet do a lot for you. They make you walk and run and carry your weight all day. But what do you do for your feet? While physical exercise is essential to be healthy and fit, taking care of the skin is just as important. The feet take a lot of pressure and impact all day throughout the year. They are also heavily exposed to the external environment. Hence they need that extra care and protection to feel comfortable. Come winter and the problem of dry skin extends to all parts of our body, from the head to our elbows, knees, and toes. Our feet too face this problem and need attention early on to check it.
Taking Care of Your Feet
The sight of dry skin on our feet and cracked heels is an unpleasant one and feels extremely uncomfortable too. We wish we could do something and make it all go away immediately. While there is no quick fix to get long-lasting health benefits, it’s never too late to start taking care of your feet. Here are some essential tips for your feet as part of your winter body care regime:
- Wear comfortable footwear and socks. Ensure that the socks you wear don’t stay damp when you sweat. Choose a dry-fit material.
- Wash your feet regularly after spending time outdoors. Keep them clean and dry.
- Soak your feet in medium hot water. This helps to soften skin that’s hardened due to wear and tear.
- Invest in some good bath salts. Add these to the hot water you soak your feet in. It cleanses and rejuvenates the feet.
- Scrub the skin around the heels to soften them and reduce the calluses. Exfoliate between the toes to cleanse them.
- Smooth the skin with a pumice stone. Polishing with pumice stone is a well-known method for keeping feet soft, clean and healthy.
- Do remember to moisturize your feet after a bath or soaking your feet in bath salts. Something as simple as applying petroleum jelly or coconut oil goes a long way in protecting your skin from the harsh winter. If possible, do invest in a good foot care cream and apply it regularly all around the heels and soles of your feet.
While all of us might not be follow these tips or get a pedicure regularly, due to time constraints or other factors, we must do our best to take care of our skin during winters. Spending on good quality skincare products and using them regularly helps to do this. Kaya Clinic Body Care offers simple products with natural ingredients that are ideal for your skin’s nourishment this winter.
Kaya’s Deep Nourish Elbow & Foot Cream is enriched with shea butter and coconut oil that helps soften the hard skin at the elbows and on the feet. This cream is what your feet need right now. Use it now and cracked feet will be a thing of the past. It repairs, nourishes and moisturises the skin. It heals cracked skin and corns too. Think of this cream as a compact pedicure treatment that makes your feet smooth and healthy.
The Daily Use Body Lotion is a light-non-greasy moisturizing body lotion that is easily absorbed by the skin. Once applied, it keeps the skin hydrated and soft for up to 24 hours. It does not require frequent re-application. It contains the goodness of shea and mango butter.
For coping with the harsh, dry winters, you can use Kaya’s Intense Hydration Body Lotion. Enriched with shea and kokum butter it moisturizes the skin from within. It gets quickly absorbed by the skin, keeping it nourished, smooth and soft for long.
Winters not only dry your skin but also makes it appear dull. Your complexion takes a beating, making you feel grey just like the weather. Also, don’t forget that your skin is still getting exposed to and affected by the sun’s rays. To ensure that you’ve bright, radiant skin, you could opt for Kaya’s White Protect Body Lotion. This brightening body lotion contains a sun protection formula. This super lotion moisturizes your skin, brightens your skin tone and also shields it against the sun’s harmful UV rays. It prevents tanning and makes your skin tone even.
This winter promises your skin that you will give it the best it deserves. Show it some love and care. Welcome the New Year with strong and healthy feet.