Summer or winter, you need to protect your skin against external elements like the sun and dust. Sunscreen products need to be a part of your daily-skincare kit. When you shop for sunscreens, make sure you take into account your skin type.
What is Your Skin Type?
You need to determine your skin type before you choose a sunscreen. You should be familiar with your skin type by now, as you have probably shopped for moisturizers and nourishing creams that suit your skin. If not, perform a simple test. Wipe your cheeks with a face tissue.
● If you see dry flakes and dead skin cells on the tissue, you have dry skin
● If you see oily stains on the tissue you have oily skin
● If the tissue does not show any obvious greasy stains, nor does it show many skin flakes, then you are blessed with normal skin
● Now, wipe your forehead and nose with another tissue. If the first test indicated you have dry skin or normal skin, but this tissue shows greasy stains, then you have a combination skin type, which is very common
Besides these, you might also have a sensitive skin, or an acne-prone skin. You have to take all these into consideration when you buy a sunscreen, especially a sunscreen for face.
Let’s take a look at the available options:
When you buy a sunscreen, it should be a good match for your skin type to provide the best results:
● If you have sensitive skin, you need to take special care to avoid chemicals and other ingredients you are allergic to. Choose a mild formulation, or a mineral-based sunscreen that uses titanium dioxide or zinc oxide to block the UV rays. Kaya Sunscreen for Sensitive Skin SPF 15 is fragrance-free and hypo-allergenic, a good sunscreen choice for sensitive skin.
● If you have acne-prone skin, stay away from creamy sunscreens or fragrant sunscreens. Choose a light formulation sunscreen with a high SPF. See if the sunscreen in non-comedogenic. Skin care products that block pores can aggravate your acne issues. Kaya Ultra-Light Aquagel Sunscreen SPF 25 is just right for acne-prone or oily skin types. The gel-based broad spectrum formula feels light and cool and does not clog pores.
● If you have mature skin, choose milder formulations like a lotion that will also hydrate your skin. Aging skin needs good moisturization. Choose a sunscreen lotion with SPF 30 or higher to protect your skin from further damage via sunlight. Use Kaya Daily Moisturizing Sunscreen SPF 30—it hydrates the skin while protecting it from both UVA and UVB rays.
● If you have oily skin, stay away from creamy sunscreens. As your skin is naturally oily, these creams may clog your pores and cause other problems. Go for a lightweight, gel-based sunscreen with a good SPF rating. You can also find sunscreens with a matte finish that will leave your skin looking smooth and oil-free. Kaya Daily Use Sunscreen SPF 30 is a non-greasy sunscreen that offers broad spectrum protection, a good sunscreen for oily skin.
● If you have a combination skin, that is, most of your face is dry or normal but some parts like the nose and forehead are oily, use a sunscreen lotion or spray. You can try Kaya Skin Clinic Daily Use Sunscreen SPF 30. It shields you against both UVA and UVB rays and gives your skin a matte look.
● If you have dry skin, you need to keep it hydrated. You can apply a moisturizer before applying a sunscreen, or you can use a moisturizer sunscreen. Choose a cream or lotion based sunscreen with a high SPF rating to shield your skin against harsh sunlight. Kaya Daily Moisturizing Sunscreen SPF 30 is a broad spectrum sun protection cream that moisturizes the skin while shielding it against UV rays. This is a good choice for normal skin types too.
There are a lot of choices when buying sunscreens. Shielding yourself against the harsh rays of the sun is a very important part of summer skin care. Choose the product that will best suit your skin type and your lifestyle.